Saturday 22 September 2012

My Balayage Ombré experience

Well it's been a while since I've blogged...sorry about that, been busy with uni things and settling into my new flat...however I want to start regularly posting from now on, so please keep reading my blog :)

Yesterday I finally took the plunged and went to get my hair ombré-d (is that even a term?)
I wanted the balayage look seen on many celebrities such as Lily Aldridge and Rachel Bilson, however I knew this look would not be the do-it-yourself ombré if I wanted it done well and I was due a hair cut as well.
So I booked an appointment at Medusa hair salon South Clerk Street in Edinburgh and safe to say I love it (how vain is that haha?!) 
My colourist and senior stylist Leigh understood what I wanted and told me it would suit me, which was a relief! Yet she told me it's best I kept the colour at the ends and underneath the tops of my head instead of at the fronts, otherwise the roots would come up badly quickly and it'd look too streaky if I tied it up. I felt my hair was safe in her hands especially as she told me I didn't have to use bleach as it was the first time I've dyed my hair. I also got my hair cut by stylist Calvin, I went for a little chop with some long layers to emphasise the colour more. Most of the hairdressers I've been to before just give me a rough blow dry without asking me how I'd like it to save them time but this time creative director Lynn asked me how I wanted it and took the time to wave my hair exactly how I wished for it to look. 

The whole thing took quite a while, I think I was in there from 1.30pm to 4.45pm but it was definitely a Friday afternoon well spent. I'm not a typical girly girl but I really enjoyed sitting having my hair 'beautified'. All the team who worked on my hair were so lovely yet professional and I'd definitely recommend Medusa to everyone. I made a great 40% off saving with the student Snapfax, the whole thing should have cost £104.50 but it cost me £62.70...true this is extremely pricey still but I always said if I was going to have my hair dyed I wanted it done professionally.

Sooo what do you think?? The colour doesn't show that much in these webcam photos but I hope you get the jist: 



I love how it was styled, wish I could have it like this everyday!



Excuse the bed head styling but the colour shows up the best here.
The colour on the back photo is the colour that's been used but it doesn't show up as much in the other photos, I like that it's not the stark bleach blonde but a more caramel highlight to my brunette hair.

What do you think? Hope you like? 

Eda Love

3 comments: